Sunday, July 31, 2011

First Look at Bane from THE DARK KNIGHT RISES



I don't think there's a question that THE DARK KNIGHT RISES will be THE movie next summer.  The craze and anticipation have only been heightened with the release of the teaser poster and trailer.  Now, we have pictures from the set of Tom Hardy as Bane.

Check out the pictures after the break...


 

 





















Thoughts? Does the costume do the character justice?

(No really, my Batman mythology is next to nothing, so I need all the help I can get!)

EDIT: Hey guys Javi here, so since Jonesy is not cool enough to LOVE Batman like I do, I'm going to weigh in here.  I frankly will disagree with 90% of the bitchy fanboys about the costume.  I think that it doesn't look like the previous incarnations, but since when has that been a bad thing when talking about Bane?

Comic Bane

Comic Bane literally translated live. It hurts the eyes doesn't it?


Yes, if we were going to translate the costume as literally as we could, it would look goofy as hell.  I know that Nolan would never have translated this costume literally, but let me bring up a couple of historical points.  The Internet bitched about the Tumbler/Batmobile because it didn't look like the actual Batmobile. In the context of the movie however, it works.  The Internet bitched about Heath Ledger as the Joker, and yet it is the defining aspect of THE DARK KNIGHT, and who has all of the toys, posters, and t-shirts made out of him? Certainly not Batman. 

My point being, Nolan has changed things aesthetically, sometimes in a harsh way, and yet has always worked properly with the world of THIS Batman.  I'm confident that the weirdo hobo costume has a type of functionality that we are not aware about and might not know until we see the movie.  For now, it is different, but it is what it is.


THE DARK KNIGHT RISES will be released on July 20, 2012 starring Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt




No comments:

Post a Comment